Are you struggling with lower back pain? If so, you’re not alone. Lower back pain is one of the most common types of pain, and it can be caused by a variety of things, from genetics to lifestyle choices. Unfortunately, many people turn to prescription drugs as their only option for relief. But did you know that there are many other ways to treat lower back pain? One of the most effective ways is to invest in a good office chair for lower back pain.
But how do you know which office chair is right for you? And more importantly, how do you find one that’s affordable? Read on for tips on how to find the best office chair for lower back pain under $500.
Factors to check
If you’re suffering from lower back pain, the first thing you should do is consult with your doctor. Once you’ve got the go-ahead, it’s time to start shopping for an office chair that will provide the support and comfort you need. Here are a few things to look for:
1. A good office chair for lower back pain will have a lumbar support system. This is a feature that allows you to adjust the amount of support provided to your lower back. Look for a chair that has multiple lumbar support options so that you can find the perfect setting for your needs.
2. Another important feature to look for is adjustable armrests. If you often work at a desk, you know that your arms can get just as tired as your back. Look for a chair with armrests that you can adjust to provide the perfect amount of support for your forearms and elbows.
3. You’ll also want to make sure that the chair is adjustable in general. A good office chair should allow you to adjust the seat height, the backrest height, and the tilt of the seat. This way, you can customize the chair to fit your body perfectly.
4. Finally, make sure that the chair is comfortable. This may seem like a no-brainer, but it’s important to choose a chair that’s not only supportive, but also comfortable enough to sit in for long periods of time. The last thing you want is to end up with a chair that’s so uncomfortable that you can’t use it.
Once you’ve found a few chairs that have all of the features you’re looking for, it’s time to start comparing prices. Unfortunately, good office chairs for lower back pain don’t come cheap. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune. Here’s a quick guide to how much you should expect to spend on an office chair:
– Budget: $100-$200
– Mid-range: $200-$500
– High-end: $500 and up
If you’re on a budget, you may be tempted to choose the cheapest office chair you can find. But beware! Cheap office chairs often sacrifice quality for price, and that can mean sacrificing your comfort. If you’re going to spend any amount of time in your chair, it’s worth it to invest in a good quality chair that will provide the support and comfort you need.
The best office chairs for lower back pain under $500, here is our 5 picks
1. Steelcase Series 1
According for some trusted sources like Wirecutter, Standingdesktopper, BOTD or Workwhilewalking, this chair is definitely top 10 on their list of the best office chairs for lower back pain. And even it is the lower end of the price spectrum, but it doesn’t sacrifice quality or comfort. The Steelcase Series 1 is perfect for people who are looking for an affordable, yet comfortable and supportive chair. It features a lumbar support system, adjustable armrests, and a variety of other adjustments to ensure that you’re always comfortable.
- – Affordable
- – Comfortable
- – Supportive
– Not as stylish as some of the other options on this list
2. Autonomous Ergochair Premium
Even Autonomous has mixed reviews, some claim that chair is so terrible, some hate the customer services, but to be fair this is one of the most popular chairs on this list.
The Ergochair 2 from Autonomous is another great option for people who are looking for an affordable, yet comfortable and supportive chair.
- Dimensions: 27.6″ x 25.6″ x 51.2″
- Weight: 50 lbs
- Material: Mesh, Steel, Plastic
– Good lumbar support
– Adjustable arms
– Breathable mesh back
– Smooth rolling casters
- Terrible customer service
3. Duramont Ergonomic Adjustable Office Chair
For who are so worry about the budget like students, but need to spend more than 10 hours in front of computers, this chair is an amazing choice which only costs around $400
This mesh office chair from Duramont is a great option for heavy people because it can support up to 400 pounds.
- Dimensions: 25″ x 23.6″ x 51″
- Weight: 63 lbs
- Material: Mesh, Steel, Nylon
The downside, it was made in China, not many people would trust Chinese products
4. La-Z-Boy Bellamy Executive Office Chair
This is one of the most comfortable chairs you can buy, but it doesn’t come cheap. The La-Z-Boy Bellamy Executive Office Chair is perfect for people who are looking for a luxurious, yet supportive and comfortable chair. It features a pillow top design, adjustable armrests, and a variety of other adjustments to ensure that you’re always comfortable.
- Dimensions: 27.5″ x 26″ x 44″
- Weight: 65 lbs
- Material: Leather, Steel, Wood
Compare with the Autonomous Ergochair, this one has a better quality, but it only has 90 days warranty
5. HON Ignition 2.0 Mid-Back Adjustable Lumbar Support
HON is known for making high-quality office furniture, so it’s no surprise that their Ignition 2.0 Mid-Back Adjustable Lumbar Support chair is one of the best office chairs for lower back pain.
Compare to the first Ignition 1.0 version, the next generation, the Ignition 2.0 is improved in term of style and function. The lumbar support is now adjustable and the chair comes with a variety of other adjustments to ensure that you’re always comfortable. Some people confused with the same budget when choosing between HON Ignition 2.0 vs Branch ergonomic chair. But the main differences is that HON has a better name, more adjustable and more comfortable.
- Dimensions: 26″ x 24.5″ x 47″
- Weight: 52 lbs
- Material: Mesh, Steel, Plastic
HON also offers great customer service and a 10-year warranty, making it a great choice for people who are looking for a long-term investment.
The only thing people don’t like about this chair is that it doesn’t have a headrest. But for the price, it’s still a great chair.
So those are our 5 picks for the best office chairs for lower back pain under $500.
If you’re looking for the best office chair for lower back pain with the mid budget, then any of these five options would be a great choice. Just remember to take your time and choose a chair that’s going to be comfortable and supportive for you.
A few tips on how to adjust your current office chair to make it more comfortable for lower back pain
If you can’t afford a new office chair right now, don’t worry! There are a few things you can do to make your current chair more comfortable.
1. First, adjust the lumbar support to provide more or less support for your lower back.
2. Next, adjust the armrests to a position that feels comfortable for your arms and elbows.
3. Finally, adjust the seat height, backrest height, and tilt of the seat until you find a position that feels good for your back.
4. If your chair doesn’t have adjustable lumbar support or armrests, you can try using a pillow or cushion for extra support.
5. You can also try placing a rolled-up towel behind your lower back for additional support.
There are many factors to consider when purchasing an office chair for lower back pain relief. Price is definitely a factor, but it’s not the only one. Make sure you take into account the type of chair, its features, and how adjustable it is before making your purchase. And don’t forget – if you don’t find the right chair right away, keep looking! There are plenty of great options out there that will help you get on the road to recovery.
Some trusted sources for you if you need more info: